SCIENTIFIC CONTRIBUTIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
AFTER RETIREMENT - 1-1-1991
ON BHOPAL GAS TRAGEDY
Prof. Heeresh Chandra
Founder Director, Medico Legal Institute, Bhopal, Medico Legal Advisor to Govt of M.P Professor, For. Med. & Toxicology, Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal, Dean of Faculty of Medicine, Barkatullah University, Bhopal, Principal Investigator, ICMR Project 08 Toxicological & clinical Studies on Bhopal Aerosol Victims President, Indian Acad. of For. Med., & Editor, Jour. of IAFM. Vice President Indo - Pacific Association, Legal Medicine (IMPALM ) - 1984 - 1992 Member SAB ICMR. Nominated one of the two members by the Supreme Court on the committee on Bhopal Gas Victims.
Practicing Medicolegal Consultant, Member of the Chemical Hazards Committee, Ministry of Forest and Environment, Govt. of India. Member of the Advisor Committee, Bhopal Aerosol Tragedy, Govt. of M.P. Honorary Advisor Mass Disaster Management Govt. of India.
AFTER RETIREMENT - 1-1-1991
1. "Medicolegal Aspects of Bhopal Gas Disaster" - 22nd Biennial Conference of Indian Council of Social Welfare, 16th September 1991.
2. Chief Guest at the seminar held in Kanpur on 22nd Sept. 1991 under the Bar council.
Subject : "Practical Problems of the Bench & Bar, The police & Medico Legal Experts Relating to Forensic Medicine in its application to investigation of crimes and administration of criminal justice."
3. Completed guidance of thesis for Ph. D. under Barkatullah University, Bhopal - 1991. Candidate R.K. Jadhav. ( awarded)
Subject : "DISTRIBUTION PATTERN OF ORGANOPHOSPHORUS PESTICIDES IN VARIOUS BODY TISSUES AND FLUIDS AND ITS MEDICOLEGAL SIGNIFICANCE"
4. Delivered Lecture on Medico Legal aspects of Bhopal Gas Tragedy at the 22nd biennial conference of Indian council of Social Welfare on 15th Sept. 1991. Reported in the press as MIC mystery not yet unraveled (National Mail, dt. 16th Sept. 1991. Hindustan Times dated 16th Sept. 1991.)
5. "Role of Skull in Forensic Medicine". Invited to deliver preliminary lecture at the 38th annual conference of Anatomy held at Medical College, Raipur, 1991.
Papers Published :
(i) Heeresh Chandra, GJ Rao, AK Saraf, VK Sharma, RK Jadhav and S. Sriramachari (1991) GC-MS Identification of MIC Trimer : A Constituent of Tank Residue in Preserved Autopsy Blood of Bhopal Gas Victims. Med. Sci. law 31 (4), 294 - 298.
(ii) S. Sriramachari, GJ Rao, VK Sharma, RK Jadhav, AK Saraf and Heeresh Chandra (1991) GC-NPD and GC-MS analysis of preserved tissue of Bhopal Disaster : Evidence of Methyl Carbamyolation in postmortem blood. Med. Sci. Law 31 (4), 289-293.
(iii) Objective CT Scan findings in a Bhopal Gas Disaster Victim. S. Sharma, PS Narayanan, S. Sriramachari, VK Vijayan, SR Kamat and Heeresh Chandra (1991) Respiratory Medicine, 85, 539-541.
(iv) Consolidated Report (1991) Heeresh Chandra, Principal Investigator, ICMR project 08, "Studies on Clinical and Toxicological Aspect of Bhopal Tragedy, December 1984"
(v) "Bhopal Gas Disaster which occurred on the midnight of 2nd Dec., 1984 and its Aftermath", Heeresh Chandra, 1991, INPALMS NEWS LETTER - Vol - 1 No.
(vi) The Identity of INCA-Medicolegal Importance and Suggested Nomenclature of Variants. Purkait, R. and Chandra H. (1991) Journal of Anatomical society of India, 38 : 162-171.
(vii) Sex Differentiating Character at the Anterior End of Femur. A Study of Indian Subjects, Purkait R., Nath S. and Chandra H. (1991) Journal of Indian Academy of Forensic Sciences, 30 : 13-23.
(viii) Bhopal Gas Disaster : Unidentified Compounds in the Residue of the MIC Tank 610. Rao G.J.; Saraf A.K.; Purkait R.; Sharma V.K.; Jadhav R.K.; Chandra H. and Sriramachari S. (1991) Journal Indian Academy of Forensic Sciences, 30 : 13-18.
(ix) Deposed in session trials as Prosecution and Defense witness on the basis of Medico Legal Constancy reports, Total - Six cases.
1. Completed guidance of thesis for Ph. D. under Barkatullah University, Bhopal - 1992. Candidate Arun Kumar Saraf. ( awarded)
Subject : "CHROMATOGRAPHIC AND MASS SPECTROMETRIC STUDIES ON VICTIMS OF TOXIC GAS EXPOSURE OF DECEMBER 1984 AT BHOPAL"
2. Lessons learnt from Bhopal Mass Disaster- P. Rural Medical College, Loni, MS, 4th April 1992.
3. Attended "The 4th Indo - Pacific Conference On Legal Medicine And Forensic Sciences November 2-6, 1992 Central Plaza, Bangkok, Thailand". Speaker on "Malpractice" Symposium on 3rd Nov. 1992.
Papers : PRESENTED
(i) FP1D12 High Performance Liquid Chromatographic Evidence of Bhopal Gas Victims V.K. Sharma, G.J. Rao, R.K. Jadhav, A.K. Saraf and H. Chandra, India.
(ii) FP1D13 GC-MS Evidence of Dimethyl Isocyanurate and 2,4-Dione of Methyl Isocyanate in theViscera of Bhopal Aerosol Victims. A.K. Saraf, G.J. Rao, and H. Chandra, India.
(iii) FP3B24 GC-MS Identification of Carbamyolation of Amino Acid in the Tissues of Bhopal Gas Victims. G.J. Rao, A.K. Saraf, V.K. Sharma, R.K. Jadhav and H. Chandra, India.
(iv) Methods Suggested with Modified Foundation for Osteometirc Measurements - An Outcome of Study on Sexual Dimorphism of Femur. The 4th Congress of Indo Pacific Association of Law Medicine and Sciences, November 2-6, 1992, Bangkok. Purkait R. and Chandra H.
(v) Carrying Angle - Anatomy and Sex Dominant Indicator - A Review. The 4th Congress of Indo Pacific association of Law Medicine and Sciences. November 2-6, 1992, Bangkok. Purkait R. and Chandra H.
(vi) Collo-Diaphyseal Angle of Femur : A Non-conventional study. The 4th Congress of Indo-Pacific Association of Law Medicine and Sciences. November 2-6, 1992, Bangkok. Purkait R. and Chandra H.
(vii) Sex Determination from Sections of Femur Head. 79th Indian Science Congress, Baroda, 1992. Purkait R. and Chandra H.
(viii) Deposed in session trials as Prosecution and Defense witness on the basis of Medico Legal Consultancy reports, Total - Ten cases.
1. 41st."NATIONAL CONFERENCE OF ANATOMICAL SOCIETY OF INDIA" Invited: Plenary Lecture on 29th Dec. 1993, held at Indore.
Topic : Contribution of Anatomy as Basics in Reconstructive Forensic Medicine.
2. "Anterior Femoral Curvature - A Study on Sex difference. Journal of Indian Academy of Forensic Sciences" 32 : 1-11. Purkait R. and Chandra H. (1993)
3 Deposed in session trials as Prosecution and Defense witness on the basis of Medico Legal Constancy reports, Total - Seven cases.
1. "First Technical Information Workshop for Police Officers on Investigation in Human Crimes", Jan. 8 & 9 1994 Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Science, Seva Gram, Wardha, presided over the Workshop, Guest Lecture on "Violent Asphyial Deaths, Specially Hanging."
2. "Guest Lecture" at Symposium on Environment Pollution & Protection on March 17, 1994. GOVT. GEETANJALI GIRLS COLLEGE, BHOPAL.
3. "Guest Lecture" at the Inaugural Ceremony of the upgraded Clinical Laboratory at Police Hospital Nagapda, Bombay.
Sub. : Pathology of Burns : Young Women.
4. "Isolation of an Unknown Compound from Blood of Bhopal Aerosol Disaster Victims and Residue of Tank 610 of Union Carbide India Limited - Chemical Characterization of the Structure". H. Chandra, AK Saraf, RK Jadhav, GH Rao, VK Sharma, S Sriramachari and M. Vairamani (1994) Med. Sci. Law, 34 (2), 106 - 110.
5. "Pyrolysis of the Residue of Tank 610 of UCIL with Reference to Bhopal Aerosol Disaster". GJ Rao, VK Sharma, RK Jadhav, AK Saraf and Heeresh Chandra, Everymans Science, XXIX (4) (1994) 98-100.
6. A New Approach. Paper accepted for presentation in Workshop / Seminar on Forensic Anthropology held at Bangkok from 25th to 29th April 1994. Purkait R. and Chandra H. Sex Assessment from Ulna :
7. Deposed in session trials as Prosecution and Defense witness on the basis of Medico Legal Consultancy reports, Total - Four cases.
8. Appreciation by the Supreme Court,:- Quote.
SUPREME COURT OF INDIA, 627 OF 1992 DATED 23-11-93,
K. Ramaswami, J.
"12. Before concluding the case, we place our appreciation for Dr. Heeresh Chandras sincere devotion to duty, who has correlated all the material facts and circumstances available from the record placed before him to arrive at the conclusions; otherwise miscarriage of justice would have been ensured. The investigating officer did not even conduct inquest over the dead body. He did not even speak of the details of scene of offence and other material details smacked of responsibility. Vinod Bhalla shall immediately be taken into custody to undergo the sentence of R. I. for life."
- Order accordingly.
(i) INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR ON POISONS CONTROL in INDIA & SEARO Countries - Chaired Session No. VIII. November 6 to 9 1995.
(ii) Environmental Influence of Man Made Chemical Disaster : Bhopal Tragedy, 1984 (Study based on human response to mortality and morbidity), Organised by Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi, Indo-US workshop on Environmental Risk Analysis: Safety, Planning and Management, 2-6 January 1995.
(iii) INDIAN ACADEMY OF FORENSIC MEDICINE - XVI ANNUAL CONFERENCE Govt. Mohan Kumaramanglam Medical College, Salem - 636 030.
PAPERS PRESENTED ;
(a) THERAPEUTIC RESPONSE TO SODIUM THIOSULPHATE THERAPY IN BHOPAL AEROSOL DISASTER Prof. Heeresh Chandra.
(b) POSTMORTEM OF TOWNSHIP FIRES AND SUGGESTED TREATMENTS - Prof. Heeresh Chandra and Dr. A.K. Saraf.
(c) RETROSPECTIVE - RECONSTRUCTION OF ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTS BASED ON AUTOPSY DATA, TOXICOLOGICAL ANALYSIS OF LIVING AND DEAD TISSUES. - Prof. HEERESH CHANDRA
(d) BHOPAL DISASTER : SIGNIFICANCE OF CARBAMYOLATION OF TERMINAL VALINE RESIDUE OF HAEMOGLOBIN BY METHYL ISOCYANATE - A QUANTITATIVE APPROACH - Prof. Heeresh Chandra and A.K. Saraf.
(e) Fovea : Head of the Femur - Contribution in Sex Determination. -Prof. Heeresh Chandra & Ruma Purkait.
(i) GC-MS evidence of Dimethyl Isocyanurate and 2, 4 - dione in blood of Bhopal victims, current science, vol. 68, 5 (1995) 500-501 Rao,C.J. , Saraf A.K., Heeresh Chandra.
A MONOGRAAPH SUBMITTED
(i) "STUDIES IN CLINICAL AND FORENSIC TOXICOLOGY OF BHOPAL AEROSOL TRAGEDY" (1985 to 1992) FINAL REPORT OF THE PROJECT (ICMR PROJECT 08) Principal Investigator Prof. (Dr.) Heeresh Chandra, May 1995.
(i) THE LESSONS OF BHOPAL (TOXIC) MIC GAS DISASTER " SCOPE FOR EXPANDING GLOBAL BIOMONITORING AND ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIMEN BANKING", SPECIAL BESB-2 , ISSUE OF CHEMOSPHERE. Dr. Shrimachari & Prof. Heeresh Chandra.
(accepted for publication as above wide communication by the editor dated 9/12/96.)
(ii) "Sexual assault, Medico Legal Examination and the Law." Invitation Lecture, FOGSY Madhya Pradesh Branch, 8th July 1996.
Papers Accepted And Presented -
(iv) Tokyo - 14 th Meeting of the International Association of Forensic Sciences (IAFS), Forensic Toxicology of Bhopal Aerosol Tragedy", 26th to 30 Aug. 1996.
(v) Osaka - The 3rd International Symposium Advances In Legal Medicine (ISALM) Sept 2 - 4, 1996.
1. " Forensic Pathology of Victims : Bhopal Aerosol Tragedy", 1984.
2. " Medico Legal Consultancy : The Art In The Aid of Investigating Agency And Judiciary."
Paper Published In Proceedings : Advances In Legal Medicine 3. 3rd International Symposium of Advance in Legal Medicine, Osaka, Japan. Page 7 to 12.
(vi) "Dr. Berry Oration 1996" Invited to deliver , by IMA VIDHARBH - M.S. Nagpur 29th Sept. 1996.
(vii) GENOME ANALYSIS : RECENT TRENDS AND APPLICATIONS. 16 JANUARY, 1996, One Day Symposium - CCMB Hyderabad.
(viii) Hands-on Training Course on DNA FINGERPRINTING 17 January - - 4 February, 1996. CCMB Hyderabad.
(ix) "Valedictory Address 23rd Sept. 1996". By invitation ,National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Sciences, New Delhi.
Silver Jubilee Conference, INDIAN ACADEMY OF FORENSIC MEDICINE 5TH.-7TH. Feb.1997, Hyderabad.
(i) Chair Person- Forensic Medicine-session -II-A
(ii) Artifacts Stating the Period of Identification of the Injuries
(iii) Deaths in Police Lock up
(i v) L P G Explosion , its Magnitude and Etiology
(v ) Autopsy Report - Basis of Acquittal
(vi) Chair Person- Panel Discussion on MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE 45th. NATIONAL CONFERENCE, ANATOMICAL SOCIETY OF INDIA Held at Gandhi Medical College,Bhopal -27th.-29th. Dec. 1997.
(vii) Anatomy , the Foundation of -Forensic Medicine
(viii) Medico legal Consultancy: The art and science as an aid for investigating agencies and judiciary, Advances in Legal Medicine-3,Proceedings ISALM OSAKA, JAPAN, p.-7
(ix) THE LESSONS OF PHOPAL ( TOXIC ) MIC GAS DISASTER , SCOPE FOR EXPANDING GLOBAL BIOMONITORING AND ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIMEN BANKING, S.Sriramachari and Heeresh Chandra, Chemosphere,Vol.14, nos. 9/10, pp.2237-2250, 1997.
International Conference On Forensic Odontology, Chennai, India.
(i) Invited, National faculty speaker at the above conference.
(ii) Paper presented The Investigative and Re-Constructive Aspects of Forensic Odontology. International Conference On Forensic Medicine & XIXth Annual Conference of Indian Academy Of Forensic Medicine, Imphal, Manipur. 25th to 27th March, 1998.
(iii) Presided over a session :- Continuing Medical Education Program On "Medical Practice & Law". 25th March 1998.
(iv) Chairpersons : - Symposium - I, Management of Mass Disasters. 25th March 1998.
Paper Presented :
(v) LIE DETECTOR - Medico Legally Analyzed, (vi) Medico Legal Aspect of Alleged Human Sacrifice.
International Conference International Association of Forensic Sciences (IAFS ), 15th, Triennial Meeting held in Los Angeles, California, USA 22th-27th Aug. 1999 - Paper Presented,
"Mapping and reconstruction of data of Inhalation Toxicologyn a method based on study of Bhopal Aerosol Tragedy".
The 1:st International Symposium on Isocyanate in Occupational Environments Sweden, Stockhome 19th-21st.June, 2000 - Paper Presented with co-author Dr. S. Siraramachari
"Pathology and Toxicology of Methyl Isocyanate and MIC Derivatives in Bhopal Disaster"
XXII Annual National Conference of IAFM held at Jaipur, 5-7 Jan. 2001
Medicolegal Discovery : Where the Shoe Pinches.
Medicolegal Consultancy work table from 1 Jan 1991 to 30th December 2000
(i) After retirement cases entertained from 1st Jan. 1991 to 30th Dec. 2000 Total 120 .
(ii) Cases registered and reports submitted in the period above. Total 32.
(iii) Cases followed by the applicants. Total 26. (iv) Cases come up for the hearing in the Courts and Judgment delivered Total 19. supporting the opinion.
PAPERS PRESENTED IN SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCES
FIRST ALL INDIA CONFERENCE OF INDIAN ACADEMY OF FORENSIC MEDICINE AT BHOPAL 19761. Spot examination in burn cases-Suicide or homicide.
2. Photography - a tool for detection of murder.
3. The skeleton speaks the identity.
4. Medical contribution to guide for investigation.
5. Reconstruction of defense injuries with certainty.
6. Odontology in the aid of establishment of identity in skeletal remains.
7. Clinical picture through the Forensic eye of a human remains.
8. Exhumation and observation on stages of decomposition in few known cases.
9. Observation on suicidal hanging.
SECOND ALL INDIA CONFERENCE OF INDIAN ACADEMY OF FORENSIC MEDICINE AT GOA 1979
10. Forensic dentistry with special reference to identification.
11. Thermal deaths.
12. Expressive Act of life.
13. Weapon and wounds.
14. Medicolegal aspect of inhibition of foreign bodies in the eyes.
THIRD ALL INDIA CONFERENCE OF INDIAN ACADEMY OF FORENSIC MEDICINE AT DELHI 1980
15. Traumatic amputation of trachea in traffic accidents.
16. The role of CO (Carbon Monoxide) poisoning in burn cases resulting in death.
17. Poisoning by Kesari Dal.
18. Laboratory investigation of poisoning.
19. Sexing of Indian cranium through the media of cranio-capacity.
20. Significance of total cholinesterase activity in burn cases.
21. Lipping as an index of age determination in the symphysial part of pubic bone in India.
22. The value of foot drop in hanging.
23. Microscopic observation of soot in trachea.
24. Determination of sex from volume and compact area of long bones.
25. Artifact noticed in a case of hanging.
26. Death by burns in females and the Medicolegal problems of the first order in modern society and analysis of 300 cases.
27. An unusual case of transmitted heat injury to the spleen.
28. Diatoms and their Medicolegal significance in the diagnosis of death by drowning.
29. The measurement of the nasio occipital distance and its relation with height and sex.
30. The measurement of the length from tip of the middle finger to tip on the olecranon process and its relation to the height and sex.
31. Medicolegal investigation in a case of 12 bore blank fire.
32. Photograph of scene of crime and its importance in reconstruction of expert testimony.
33. Medicolegal importance of bangles. The wisdom of our elders.
FOURTH ALL INDIA CONFERENCE OF INDIAN ACADEMY OF FORENSIC MEDICINE AT HYDERABAD 1981
34. Enzymatic histochemical techniques for estimating age of injuries of wounds in early hours.
35. Conditions affecting some of the enzymes appearing in healing phase on the injury.
36. Case reports asphyxia deaths from various foreign bodies, in air passage.
37. History of incidence in sex crime by accused and victim during clinical examination - their status in courts.
38. Effect of CO in stomach in vivo and vitro.
39. Age estimation from fragments of mandible.
40. A study of rigor mortis in various deaths.
FIFTH ALL INDIA CONFERENCE OF INDIAN ACADEMY OF FORENSIC MEDICINE AT MADRAS 1982
41. Effect of heat on body tissues under experimental conditions.
42. Burns and possible artifacts.
43. Estimation of blood alcohol and possible misinterpretation.
44. A common method of alcohol estimation need for caution.
45. Stalactite in hanging.
46. Meaningful spot examination to prove corpus delicti.
47. Value of facial expression in interpretation of antemortem and postmortem burn.
48. Estimation of age by calcium and ash weight of long bones.
49. Microscopic study of teeth in the aid of age determination.
50. Establishment of drowning by study of long bones.
51. The acceptability of dying declaration in the court when it has been negativated during autopsy.
52. Decomposition is not a hindrance to appreciate antemortem injuries.
53. Diatoms and it's medico significance in drowning.
54. Estimation of serum cholinesterase activity in burn autopsies and its significance.
55. Histochemical enzymatic techniques as a basis of evaluation of age and nature of injuries.
56. Estimation of age by symphyseal surface of human pubic bone.
57. Macroscopic and microscopic study of human bone leading to individualization on Forensic Medicine.
THE FIRST ASIAN PACIFIC CONGRESS ON LEGAL MEDICINE AND FORENSIC MEDICINE AT SINGAPORE 1983 Sept.
58. Pathology of bride burning.
59. An artless art of Medicolegalist.
60. Medicolegal value of mylohyoid line/Mental foramen in human mandible.
THE EIGHTH AUSTRALIAN INTERNATIONAL FORENSIC SYMPOSIUM AT PERTH 1983
61. Reconstructive Forensic Medicine - paper II.
62. Investigative Forensic Medicine - paper II.
THE FIRST WORLD CONGRESS AND SIXTH CONFERENCE OF INDIAN ACADEMY OF FORENSIC MEDICINE AT BHOPAL 1984
63. Histological method of determining age and sex in human long bone-Humorous.
64. Histological method of determining age and sex in human long bone-Femur.
65. Histological distinction between human and animal long bone-Femur.
66. Medicolegal interpretation of position of tongue in dead.
67. Some artifacts in alcohol estimation.
68. Formalin fixed tissues and ORGANOPHOSPHORUS estimation.
69. Diatoms - Their use in Reconstructive Forensic Medicine.
70. Time since death.
71. Menstrual cycle and associated deaths.
72. Flies as a witness of the crime - a case study.
73. An Entomological study of Corpse.
54th ANNUAL CONFERENCE OF NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES HELD AT MADURAI 1984
74. "Flies as the witness of crime"- A study of Forensic Entomology.
THE SEVENTH CONFERENCE OF INDIAN ACADEMY OF FORENSIC MEDICINE AT TRIVANDRUM 1985
75. Time since Death - An Entomological study on corpses.
76. An artless Art of Medicolegalist.
INTER NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON FORENSIC SCIENCES (ICOFOS) MADRAS 1985
77. Histological differentiation of human & animal humorous bone.
78. Determination of age at death in human from quantitative histology of humorous in the male.
55th ANNUAL SESSION OF NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES, INDIA, GWALIOR, 1985.
79. Entomology (Sarcophagidae Flies) in service of Forensic Medicine.
VIIIth ANNUAL CONFERENCE OF INDIAN ACADEMY OF FORENSIC MEDICINE AT BOMBAY, 1986
80. Medicolegal aspects of Mass Disaster - Bhopal Gas Tragedy.
81. Diatoms in the service of Reconstructive Forensic Medicine.
82. Identity by inca bone - An example of Investigative Forensic Medicine.
83. Reconstructive Forensic Medicine - Suicidal death by hanging - A positive opinion on photographs.
84. Management of Mass Disaster.
85. Identification by Super-Imposition technique - Buccal occlusion line of a skull & photograph of the alleged victim - (A definite identification technique).
86. Wads injuries and their Medicolegal interpretation.
87. Postmortem appearances of stomach mucosa in celphos poisoning.
88. Clothings is the first layer of body - in fire arm injuries.
89. Reconstructive Forensic Medicine - A case report.
90. Position of diaphragm in electrocution and it's Medicolegal interpretation in dead.
91. Thud injury and its Medicolegal interpretation.
92. Studies on blood cyanide levels following standard - Micro diffusion method.
93. Gas chromatographic analysis of Methyl Isocyanate for its presence in Gas Affected.
94. Determination of age at death in human from quantitative histology of femur.
95. Histological differentiation of human and animal femur bone.
96. Role of Forensic pathology in the disasters produced by wild animals- Case report.
97. Sensitive Gas Chromatographic Method for determining cyanide in body fluids.
98. Determination of urine Thiocyanate in terms of cyanide.
99. Gas chromatographic analysis of cyanide in Gas Affected of Bhopal.
100. Use of Sarcophagidae Flies in Forensic Entomology.
SILVER JUBILEE CONFERENCE OF NATIONAL ACADEMY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES HELD AT BOMBAY IN APRIL, 1986
101. Man Made Disaster & its Medicolegal aspects.
102. Comparative study of Haversian System of Bones in Different Mammals.
103. Use of Flesh flies in Forensic Entomology.
IInd INDO PACIFIC CONGRESS ON LEGAL MEDICINE & FORENSIC SCIENCES AT COLOMBO (SRILANKA) IN AUGUST, 1986
104. Wads injuries and their Medicolegal interpretation.
105. Track of the Fire arm injury - A factor to decide the nature - As suicide. A case report.
106. Examination of spot and its significance in Reconstruction of railway.
107. Determination of sex at death by comparing the ratio of compact area and medullary canal area of Tibia bone.
108. Determination of age at death from quantitative histology of male femur bone at section No. 1 in medial quadrant.
109. Reconstructive Forensic Medicine - suicidal death by hanging - A positive opinion on photographs.
110. Histological study of some mammalian humorous bone at mid shaft region in lateral quadrant.
111. Reconstructive Forensic Medicine - A case report.
112. Total serum lipids value in postmortem blood samples in burn cases and its significance.
113. Spot examination in Reconstruction of Fire Arm Injury - A case report.
14. Spot examination is a must in burn cases.
115. Entomology (Flesh flies) in service of Forensic Medicine.
56th ANNUAL SESSION NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES INDIA, JAIPUR IN OCTOBER, 1986
116. Significance of posterior spiracles in Forensic Entomology.
Vth ANNUAL SESSION OF MADHYA PRADESH VIGYAN ACADEMY, BHOPAL 1986
117. Use of Flesh Flies in Forensic entomology.
36th NATIONAL CONFERENCE OF ANATOMICAL SOCIETY OF INDIA RAIPUR 1987
118. Determination of age at death by microscopic examination of male ULNA bone.
119. Suicide - Medicolegal aspects.
IVth ANNUAL CONFERENCE OF RESEARCH SOCIETY PUNA 1987
120. Aetiopathology of BURNS in young females.
Xth ANNUAL CONFERENCE OF INDIAN ACADEMY OF FORENSIC MEDICINE AGRA 1988
121. Reconstructive forensic medicine - A conclusive evidence in a case of fire arm injury.
122. Trivial injuries, associated congenital anomaly and Medicolegal interpretation of death. (Congenital hypoplasia of odontoid - A case report).
123. Reconstruction of injuries to diagnose mode of death (A case report-video demonstration).
124. Study of microstructure of male radius bone in the medial quadrant at section no. 1 for determination of age at death.
125. Eye opener in young female burns.
126. Significance of estimation of total serum lipids in burn autopsies.
127. Carbon monoxide concentration & volitional act.
128. Postmortem production of cyanide in tissues during storage.
129. Vitriolage - Examination of chemical burns in relation to worn clothings and their interpretation.
130. High performance liquid chromatographic estimation of amino acid derivatives.
131. Video recording in Medicolegal practice.
132. Battered wife syndrome.
133. Technicalities in forensic photography.
134. "Forensic entomology" in India - Practice and methods.
135. Postmortem production and loss of ethanol in various body fluids and tissues during storage at room temperature.
136. Sex determination from measurements of adult human tibia.
FIRST AFRO-ASIA OCEANIA CONGRESS OF ANATOMISTS NEW DELHI, 1988
137. Study of femur head - An indicator of sex.
XIth ANNUAL CONFERENCE OF INDIAN ACADEMY OF FORENSIC MEDICINE AT BERHAMPUR, 1989
138. Hanging - A typical case.
139. Video demonstration of mass murder followed by suicide - Medicolegal aspect.
140. Hanging - Analysis at a glance.
141. A typical case of acute fatal cyanide poisoning.
142. Analysis of traffic accidents in Bhopal city.
143. Distribution of Nuvan (DDVP) in autopsy tissues and fluids in a fatal poisoning case.
144. Microstructure of human ulna bone useful in estimation of age.
145. Microstructure of human and animal ulna bone at mid shaft region.
PUBLISHED PAPERS ON BHOPAL AEROSOL TRAGEDY
1. Determination of urine Thiocyanate level in control subjects of Bhopal. V. K. Sharma, M. Banus, R.K. Jadhav, G.J. Rao, J. Aparna and H. Chandra. Jour. Ind. Acad. For. Med., 8 (1986) 1-4.
2. Sensitive gas chromatographic method for determining cyanide in body fluids. G.J. Rao, Aparna Jaiswal, V.K. Sharma, R.K. Jadhav, M. Banus and H. Chandra. Jour. Ind. Acad. For. Med., 8 (1986) 52-57.
3. Time since death-An entomological study on corpses. Kulshrestha P. and Chandra H. Am. J. For. Med. Path. 8,3 (1987) 233-238.
4. Estimation of postmortem production and loss of ethanol in blood with respect to its duration of storage at room temperature. R.K. Singh, G.J. Rao, V.K. Sharma, R. Jadhav, N.K. Chimedia, D.K. Satpathy and Heeresh Chandra. Jour. Ind. Acad. For. Med., 9 (1987).
5. A typical case of acute fatal cyanide poisoning. V.K. Sharma, D.S. Badkur, R.K. Jadhav, G.J. Rao, A.K. Saraf and Heeresh Chandra. Jour. Ind. Acad. For. Med., 9 (1987).
6. Quantitative analysis of Thiocyanate in urine by head space gas chromatography. G.J. Rao, V.K. Sharma and Heeresh Chandra.Current Science, 58 (1989) 1103-1105.
7. Distribution of Nuvan (DDVP) in autopsy tissues and fluids in a fatal poisoning case. R.K. Jadhav, V.K. Sharma, G.J. Rao, R.K. Singh and Heeresh Chandra. Jour. Ind. Acad. For. Sci., 28 (1989) 50-52.
8. High performance liquid chromatographic estimation of carbamylated amino acids. V.K. Sharma, G.J. Rao, R.K. Jadhav, Heeresh Chandra and S. Sriramachari. Current Science, 59 (1990) 528-529.
9. High performance liquid chromatographic method for the analysis of organophosphate and carbamate pesticides. V.K.Sharma, R.K.Jadhav, G.J.Rao, A.K.Saraf and Heeresh Chandra. For. Sci. Intern. 48 (1990) 21-25.
10. GC-MS Identification of MIC Trimer: A constituent of tank residue in preserved autopsy blood of Bhopal Gas victims. Heeresh Chandra, G.J. Rao, A.K.Saraf, V.K.Sharma, R.K.Jadhav and S. Sriramachari Med. Sci. law 31 (4) (1991).
11. Bhopal Gas Disaster: Unidentified compounds in the residue of the MIC tank No. 610. G.J. Rao, A.K. Saraf, Ruma Purkait, V.K. Sharma, R.K. Jadhav, and Heeresh Chandra. J. Ind. Acad. For. Sci. 30 (1) (1991) .
12. GC-NPD and GC-MS analysis of preserved tissue of Bhopal Gas Disaster: Evidence of Methyl Carbamyolation in postmortem blood. S. Sriramachari, G.J.Rao, V.K. Sharma, R.K.Jadhav, A.K.Saraf, and Heeresh Chandra. Med. Sci. Law 31 (4) (1991) .
13. Ethylene dibromide poisoning - A case history. V.K. Sharma, R.K. Jadhav, G.J. Rao, A.K. Saraf, D.K. Satpathy and Heeresh Chandra. Jour. Ind. Acad. For. Sci. (1991) accepted.
14. Reactivity of carbonmonoxide with hemoglobin in vitro & its spectrophotometric estimation. V.K. Sharma, R.K. Jadhav, A.K. Saraf, G.J. Rao and Heeresh Chandra. Current Science (1990) accepted.
15. Distribution of Malathion in body tissues. R.K. Jadhav, V.K. Sharma, G.J. Rao, A.K. Saraf, D.K. Satpathy and Heeresh Chandra. For. Sci. Intern. (1990) accepted.
16. Pyrolysis of the residue of tank E-610 of UCIL with reference to Bhopal Gas Disaster. G.J. Rao, V.K.Sharma, R.K.Jadhav, A.K.Saraf and Heeresh Chandra. J. Anal. & Appl. Pyrolysis (1991) communicated.
17. Objective CT Scan findings in a Bhopal Gas Disaster victim. S. Sharma, P.S. Narayanan, S. Sriramachari, V.K. Vijayan, S.R. Kamat and Heeresh Chandra. Respiratory Medicine (1991) communicated.